News Updates

Reluctantly KerryClimbing temporarily suspend services due to Covid-19 virus!

Share this



It is with extremely heavy hearts but responsible heads that we have decided that KerryClimbing will temporarily cease to offer & deliver all our guiding services and training courses until April and then most likely an extension much further than that. We have contacted anyone that had bookings during this time and the majority have gladly decided to reschedule to another future date.
These are truly uncertain and worrying times. Trying to stay positive with bouts of “WTF are we going to do” is something I’m sure we have all been going through.
KerryClimbing is like our 3rd child. We have built it up and committed our lives to it for well over a decade and are extremely proud that it now supports our little family. As a couple with 2 kids it is both our full time job and we are fully dependent on it. Like so many others out there with bills to pay and jobs lost, we are all in this together.

Thank you to each of you that has sent messages of support, they are deeply appreciated.

Kerry Climbing family business

Piaras, Catherine and Orlaith of Kerry Climbing

When we are in the mountains It is highly unlikely that we would either pass on or get the virus. We can go hiking and climbing, keeping sufficient social distance from the people we are with and other hill users. However, there may be times that our guides would need to be hands on to possibly safeguard a client, check a knot, or give assistance..The situation as you know gets more serious every day and so, after reflecting it is the best option to now just avoid this fully. The safety of our staff, our clients and their families & wider circles is the most important thing to us.

It’s very important that we all still get outside and enjoy nature, the mountains, the forest or the local park. We certainly will be hitting the mountains ourselves and we hope that during the course of this time our photos will help you look forward to those good times ahead when we will all have a new found appreciation of our mountains and wild places.

We are still taking bookings for May and June but there is a high chance that these will also need to be rescheduled for later in the Summer, we will just have to wait and see!

Stay safe folks, let’s just nail this bloody virus spread by doing the right thing so we can all get back to some sort of normality as soon as possible.

In the meantime, if you would like to purchase one of our Gift Vouchers or maybe a book, postcard or poster from our online shop it would be greatly appreciated.